Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Look, I ain't sayin' we should use them for a moral compass, but...


In Greek mythology we find the story of Sisyphus. A once mighty king of Corinth, Sisyphus found himself the object of scorn and endless entertainment for the gods by simply trying to do his job as a father. Doomed to spend eternity pushing a great stone up a hill only to have said stone roll right back down, poor old Sis, was forced to face the futility of his human efforts. Well, I think that sums up my last couple weeks rather neatly.
In an effort to broaden my horizons and create a new creative outlet for myself, I have decided to record and produce a radio show on 97Three,
This is in addition to the show that I co-host on Friday nights. Since this show is pre-recorded, I've taken some time off from blogging and have set-up a mini recording studio in my basement. With copious amounts of help from MikeD, I have begun to teach myself the in and outs of Adobe Audition and the finer points of networking. Final count, I have logged almost 35 hours in my efforts to produce a show. The results? Well, I've killed one modem, Lost my Internet 5 times, Crashed my Imac twice, Lost all my passwords, Erased one website, and produced a show with such bad audio quality, it's barely tolerable. I mean Scary Bad!
Oh, well, I guess me and Sisyphus will just get back to it.

4 Comments:

At March 13, 2007, Blogger LNA said...

Maybe it would have been easier for ole sisy if he hadn't been in the buff....

 
At March 15, 2007, Blogger Kiyotoe said...

if at first you don't succeed.........you know the rest brotha.

 
At March 18, 2007, Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Alright man, i have officially gotten my first dose of the Friday Night Meltdown. I'm not sure if it was this past Friday or last Friday. The show where you guys talked about Daylight Savings around. Oops, I mean Daylight Saving (no "s"). Was that you trying to explain the whole concept?

You guys are crazy. I even voted on the show's blog AND 97three.com's poll for my favorite DJ. And it's a good thing too,you needed my vote, what's going on? You were like in 3rd place.

Don't worry about it, I'll go back and vote a couple more times. Oh, and I tried to download some old shows at the website but there wasn't anything there. When you blow up, don't forget about your boy, The Dragon and I'll check back for my "shout out" next week. Keep doing your thing brotha.

Later.

 
At March 18, 2007, Blogger HazMatt said...

SAhWheeT!!!!
That's awesome man.
I have to say, your blog is a big favorite with the radio crew. Rest assured there will be a shoutout this Friday.
As for the lack of past shows, hmmm, I will go lop off some heads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home