Sunday, December 17, 2006

Call Jesse Jackson, Quick!


What a mess!
My #2 son was sick today, so I being the lovin' pops voluntered to stay home from church with him today. So, we ate our breakfast, played with robots for an hour or so and then went down-stairs to watch Rudolph.
Dude, I must not have been paying attention to this film when I was younger, what a mess!
Dad is ashamed of his son, Santa is ashamed of the dad for fathering a freak. The Elf boss publicly humiliates Hermie!? What a mess. Then, we are led into a happy ending where the only reasons we put-up with you is because we found a use for you. Lovely, Just lovely!
Sorry folks, I couldn't help myself. I realy could care less, I just figured since it was christmas I would make a fuss over something. It seems to be the thing to do.
Well, seeing as how the end of 06 is coming, I thought I would start my year-end lists. Today I will begin with the "Books I liked" list. So without further ado (whatever ado is?) :
1. "Rolling Nowhere" by Ted Conover
Odd book. Tells the true story of Conover travelling as a hobo across America. If you are looking for a heart-warming tale of cute adorable, story book hobos, riding the rails in search of paradise, keep moving. Perhaps you can find something in the kids section. Conover's book can be pretty gritty and disturbing at times. Not distubing because of the content but more because of what his story tells about our picture perfect America. Read it! You know you want to.
2. "Between a rock and a hard place" by Aron Ralston
Man gets stuck in canyon, cuts off own arm with leatherman.True story. What more do you need to know?
By the way, He's a real good story teller as well.
3. "Thinner" by Stephen King
Scarry, Bizzare, great ending. That's it.
4."The Iron Lance" by Stephen Lawhead
This is the first in a trilogy by Lawhead concerning the celtic crusades. Lawhead did his research on this one. The amount of detail and historical info that was crammed seamlesly into this story makes the book worth a mention on it's own. The reason I listed this one though is because of the description of the invasion and subsequent slaughter of Jerusalem. Once again, READ IT!!!
5. "Genesis" by Moses
Good stories, lots of action, sex, and some unexpected heroes, not to mention some powerful truth.
Also, Please check out my other Blog.
Here I will post links and articles that I find interesting. I invite you all to please comment. If I get some good ones, I will add them to the article. My hope is to create so wild conversation.

1 Comments:

At December 18, 2006, Blogger Kiyotoe said...

i'm on my way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home