Thursday, November 09, 2006

The End of an Era...




No!
This is not about the election. It's about me.
Today was my last day at work.
My last day in construction.
My last day of driving 74 miles just to get to work!
I got a job close to home as a factory maintnence electrician.
When I say close, I mean like real close, like 8 miles away!!!!!
Did I mention that I will be making more money as well?
(Big Grin)
I don't need to bring any tools to my new job, as they will be provided by my new employer.
So, tonight I brought mine home and gave them a nice quiet retirement home in the basement.
I now have a nice workshop full of tools. Each one in it's place and resting peacefuly.
For some bizzare reason though, I found this very hard to do. I felt like I was betraying trusted friends. Like putting grandma in the retirement home.
Well, not to fear, my house is very old and constantly in need of repair. So, maybe, just maybe I will find a use for the High Voltage cable cutters and the 1" Titanium drill bits.
I don't start my new job till the 20th, so I may get a chance to do some, dare I say, relaxing?!
Naaaaa!!!
I'll probably wind up climbing a mountain, spelunking, burping a baby, or trying to clip my toe-nails with a pair of realy big cable cutters!

5 Comments:

At November 10, 2006, Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Better find some time in there somewhere to take a breather. That start date will be here before you know it, then it's right back to the daily grind.

But at least the grind is a lot closer to home now.

Cable cutters? daaaaaaaamn.

 
At November 10, 2006, Blogger losile said...

I had something to say about grandma and the retirement home comment, but mother reads this blog, so...

 
At November 10, 2006, Blogger Sara said...

**chokes on Losile's Blurb**
I had the SAME thought! maybe *LOL*

What about taking time to rush a wife to a hospital to birth another Hazmtt spawn?? I didnt see THAT little thing mentioned? We MUST pray for a girl ....course, now it's kinda late, but hey who knows :)

 
At November 10, 2006, Blogger HazMatt said...

I am told that it is up to the man to decicde the sex of the child.
So naturaly, I've decided on a girl. :)

 
At November 13, 2006, Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Congrats on the little girl brotha. And you're right, when she looks up at you with those beautiful baby eyes, that will be peace.

Just from what I know via the blogosphere, you are a blessed man.

Congrats again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home