Saturday, September 09, 2006

That would be the cosmic smackdown, Grasshopper.


So there I was, Thinkin' I was all that and a bag o' chips. I was so proud of myself! The boss gave me this fairly complicated relay control box to wire up. Crazy stuff, time delay relay, latching circuits, even a laser! Oh yeah, I was da' shizzle! I got it all right on my first try! So, as you can guess, my head began to swell. Never a good sign.
That was last Monday, enter the weekend....
Routine side job. wire up garage door opener, simple, 3 wires, hot, nuetral, ground, easy, right? Oh, not so. Well let me just say, when the smoke cleared and the screaming stoped, I found I had put 2 wires in the wrong spots. Yes, that's bad.
So needless to say, this week has been a great lesson in humilty.
Oh, by the way, I finally finished reading the Killing Angels.
WOW! Great book! It realy puts you in the field of battle with it's detail and believability. I know it's a true story, but they way the characters come alive (warts and all) is just realy profound. I grew up around the Army, war and military life, but this book told a story about war in a way I'd never heard before. I highly recomend this book. I am know reading about the crusades, (odd stuff indeed) and will have another review for you later.



4 Comments:

At September 12, 2006, Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Wires, electricity, etc. is a no-no for the kid. I leave that stuff to the professionals like you.

I love myself and home too much.

 
At September 12, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I listened to the show! sounds good. You need more rock. I will listen more.

 
At September 12, 2006, Blogger HazMatt said...

Hey, until you've wrestled with 277, Thou hast not truly lived! I wish there were more people who left it to the pros, as oppesed to screwing it up and asking me to fix it, AND THEN, not admiting that they messed with IT!!!
(sorry)
Thankx for da' words bro, and to you Jamie as well, and THAK YOU for listening!!!!!
What kinda' rock do you want to hear?
Let me know.

 
At September 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How 'bout some Eagles of Death Metal? Oh wait, we tried that already

 

Post a Comment

<< Home