Thursday, August 31, 2006

Daddy, I have a secret...

So, my son scared the junk right-outa-me the other day.
It was early,
real early.
I was getting ready to go to work, 4:30 am or so.
My son was getting up to go potty.
He came over to me as I was putting on my boots.
Messy hair,
race car 'jammies,
blankie on shoulder and fingers in mouth,
the absolute picture of boyhood.
He looks at me and says, " Dad, I don't think I want to be a little boy anymore."
WHAT!?
My mind started to go into convulsions, 900 miles an hour!
"What do I say?"
"I don't have time for this conversation!"
"What do I tell him!"
"Have I failed as a father?"
"Have I been abusive?"
"Should I become Abusive?"
"Why isn't my wife awake!?"
"WHY GOD!!!"
So, I took a deep breath, and calmly asked him, "Oh, ok, so what do you want to be?"
I screwed my eyes shut, and prepared for the worst.
It felt like a million years before he finaly said,"I think, ..um..I want to be a Grizzly Bear"
"Oh, a grizzly huh? That's cool, alright then! "
"Okay Dad! I'm going to bed now. Have a good day at work!"
"Yeah, right, 'Love you, big man.Uh err, grizzly."
"daaaaad!"
Crisis over. I'm okay. Now to work...



4 Comments:

At September 01, 2006, Blogger Sara said...

o.o It looks like sammy is saying ...
" So where's your big train now Mr Bubby? HUH?!"
ROFL

 
At September 01, 2006, Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Whew! Dodged a bullet, lol! I don't even have any kids and I dread hearing something like that coming from my son's mouth too.

Is that politically incorrect?

Oh well.

 
At September 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, HM you aren't homophobic at all.

 
At September 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Made me chuckle..i mean..ahem...thats homophobic!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home