Wednesday, September 19, 2007

They're Leavin' Me Behind...

So, the team leaves for Ghana tomorrow, without me. Wow, has it been a year already?!
Dang! I decided to take this year off and let my body work out all the meds and parasites before I get another dose. Not to mention I wanted to use my vacation time with the family. So, as a result, the team leaves without me, and I am left here broken-hearted. Man, I love Africa. I love the people, I love the climate, I love the food, I love the Kids, Man! I wanna' go back. My biggest wish is to take my Wife and kids over there to share it with them. OH, well. I know, I'm all over the place here.
O.K. here's what I'll do, I'll post this video of my last trip. This is me on guitar and camera. (Except for the pictures of myself...)
I know it's a re-run.
Just back off, I like it.
Let me have my moment.

(Don't worry Mom, I'm not moving there. yet.)

5 Comments:

At September 21, 2007, Blogger Jules said...

Hey Matt! Prayers for you as the team leaves without you this year (and prayers for the team too!)...it is great that you get to use your vacation this year with your family but I understand your disappointment too. Great video!!

 
At September 22, 2007, Blogger Tammie Jean said...

Wow, Ghana seems like an incredible place to be, although maybe a little scary with the parasites and monster spiders! Will you go next year?

 
At September 23, 2007, Blogger HazMatt said...

Oh Yeah!
You can't keep me from goin' back.

 
At September 25, 2007, Blogger Kiyotoe said...

It's an experience that I hope to have one day....

I get excited just by how you talk about it.....

 
At October 01, 2007, Blogger LNA said...

Thanks son-- I much rather you visit than live there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home