Friday, July 21, 2006

Grizzly Man



I just saw a really disturbing movie, Grizzly Man. The movie was the stroy of Timothy Treadwell, a fairly well known bear activist. I won't say to much about it(So much has been said already) except that when it was over I had the strangest, most hollow feeling in my gut. The movie itself was outstanding, every thing about the film was just breathtaking and the story moved so fast that you forgot that it was a documentary. No, it was Treadwell himself that creeped me out. Treadwell loved his bears and was very genuine about protecting them and even though his methods were total lunacy and many times illegal, he truly meant well. Make no mistake though, this man was no saint. It's quite obvious he had some serious mental battles going on up there. Timothy was toying with the darkness. What creeped me out though was how much I felt a connection with him. Yup, that's right. Without going into too much detail (that might take a whole new blog!) let's just say " There, but for the grace of God, go I." To learn more check out these links...
Photos
Wiki

Movie Review (Please note: I saw the movie on T.V. so there may be language if you rent.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home